We hope you and your family well and in good health! Our community has been through a lot over these last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and our team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and our team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are at our office. (Screening questions will be available on our website).
- We will look different too! We will be wearing more equipment (PPE) in clinical areas to minimize exposures to aerosols caused by routine dental procedures.
- We will ask to take your temperature prior to entering the office. Anyone with an elevated temperature will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, etc. since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean for awhile there are fewer options available for scheduling appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at one time.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may about the steps we take to keep you, and every one of our patients, safe in our practice. Also, for your convenience we have added an online payment portal to our website since our office is currently closed, should you want to make an easy online payment. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
All our best-
Dr. Sara Kellogg & Team
Meet our Team
Oral Health is more than a Procedure
At Kellogg & Latz Dentistry we strive to develop healthy relationships with our clients and provide our patients with the care and resources you need to a healthy smile. All of our staff members live off the core belief that you are more than a procedure and we listen carefully to your concerns in an attempts to address your needs during each visit to provide you with the healthiest smile possible.
The Pankey Institute’s Proven Method of Care
For more than four decades the Pankey Institute has been at the forefront of dentistry, changing the lives of dentists, technicians, team members and patients through comprehensive advanced education and friendly community. The Mission of the Foundation is to improve the health and well-being of the world’s citizens by helping dentists achieve professional excellence and fulfillment. Through continuing educational courses our Pankey-trained doctors will discuss treatment options, answer questions fully and counsel you on making appropriate choices. Optimal care means bringing you a level of health, comfort and appearance you may never have experienced before and overall leaving you with a healthy, happy smile.
Our care for you is not based on procedures alone. We consider the overall plan for a lifetime of good oral health. It is our goal that you will be empowered to make appropriate plans and decisions regarding the process of your own care. As a team, we will support you throughout each and every step of the process.
Request an Appointment
We’re passionate about building strong relationships with our patients and focus on your immediate and long-term goals. The first step in achieving those goals is to schedule an appointment. Contact us today and a representative from our team will work with you to confirm an appointment.